Confession: I didn't create this recipe. I found it here: https://bloomingnolwenn.com/vegan-red-lentil-flatbread/, and adapted it to make it even easier to make...or at least less messy on my frying pan and much less likely to set off the smoke detector.
Red Lentil Flatbread
- 1 cup red lentils
- (grind to a fine meal in a food processor or blender)
- Mix with
- 1 tsp salt, 1-2 tbsp dried oregano, 1-2 tsp garlic powder, and 1-2 tsp paprika
- 1 cup water and stir 'til all is combined (a whisk works best)
- 2-3 tbsp grapeseed oil and stir 'til all is combined
- Let sit for 5 min
another 1/4 cup of water and mix
- Spread as thinly as possible on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 30 min at 400F (longer if you want it crispier)
Pairs well spread with avocado or ricotta cheese, with smoked salmon on top, with butter or your choice of oil spread, crumbled up overtop of scrambled eggs or a salad, or plain. Use in place of your starch/simple carb dish at a meal.